RE: Firewall opinions wanted please - clarification

  • From: Nicole
  • Date: Tue Mar 16 18:09:42 2004

 As much as I hate to follow up my own post, I suppose I was a bit too vauge
for my own good =]

 We do not run any cisco gear and we are in a Class A data facility.

 By proxy I did not mean to imply NAT. I cannot remember the proper term but
what I mean is full packet handeling as opposed to packet inspection.

 Security is important but the budget limit is only up to about 3K. I have been
trying to get the client a firewall for some time and am just now getting the
go ahead.

 Sorry for any vaugeness but I usually like to not say to much as to sway
opinions one way or another and to learn more as any knowlege I have may be
wrong or out of date.

  Nicole