Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Mon Mar 15 22:11:10 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine wrote:

> > Certianly the point central to your arguement is that with the right
> > abuse-desk to customer ratio AND the right customer base, things could be
> > kept clean for smtp/web/ftp/blah 'hosting'.
>
> I'll take "the right customer base" for $50 please Alex.

which is NOT the current dsl/cable-modem user, obviously?

> >                                             This is most certainly the
> > case... I look forward to seeing your list of providers and prices :)
>
> Rick Adams and Mike O'Dell had an idea in 1987. How is this any different?

mumble, mumble giant telephone company mumble mumble... In all
seriousness, I'm not sure this is any different. Their idea, if I got it
right, was 'ip everywhere'. Perhaps providing smaller scale 'good' colo
with strong abuse/support is possible, just don't get greedy and get
gigantic.

Paul, does your list include those providers that provide the hardware
upfront also? or is part of your deal that the equipment comes from the
customer so they are more willing to behave?