Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
  • Date: Mon Mar 15 09:11:32 2004

Ken Diliberto wrote:

Something else I just remembered:

Connecting so much equipment in our dorms creates a fire hazard. The are only two or three outlets (what I've been told) in a room shared by two or three students. Add to the computer equipment a TV, stereo, DVD player, alarm clocks, cordless phones, etc., etc., etc. and you have the makings for newspaper headlines. Hasn't happened yet to my knowledge, but it could and students don't consider these things.
If you were willing to live in a place where an electrical overload
caused a fire (as opposed to tripping a circuit-breaker or blowing a
fuse), you have not correctly identified your worst problem, or the
the University's.

--
Requiescas in pace o email