Re: Platinum accounts for the Internet (was Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1Ucolo?)

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Mon Mar 15 07:42:37 2004

>I expect every NANOG conference from now on will be filled with
>announcements asking people to please fix their computers because
>worms are killing the network.  NANOG has less than 500 attendees,
>yet has about the same number as infected computers as any other
>ad-hoc network population.

Maybe NANOG needs to implement a system where you have to log
in to a web page with your NANOG meeting passcode in order to
get a usable IP address. Then, when an infected computer shows
up we will know exactly whose it was. Might even be interesting
for a researcher to interview every infected party and figure
out why it is happening even among a supposedly clueful group.

--Michael Dillon