Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: David A. Ulevitch
  • Date: Mon Mar 15 00:09:11 2004

<quote who="Charles Sprickman">

> If anyone on the east coast also thinks this is something worth putting
> together (either for-profit or as a co-op situation), feel free to contact
> me directly.

This is currently being organized in the IAD area:

We've done a similar setup as a non-profit in SFO/SJC).
http://www.communitycolo.net/

It's not for everyone, but it is more than adequate for most people's needs.

With some more networking volunteers (as opposed to systems people) we
could probably become a lot more robust than we already are.  We are
currently using 8 cabinets at Hurricane Electric off a 100mbit feed with a
bunch of Cisco 1900 and 2900 series switches.

Email's to me offlist for anyone interested in knowing more.

-davidu

  David A. Ulevitch - Founder, EveryDNS.Net
  Washington University in St. Louis
  http://david.ulevitch.com -- http://everydns.net