RE: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: Todd Vierling
  • Date: Sun Mar 14 21:20:22 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Tim Wilde wrote:

: > I have actually.  I see an awful lot of services for incoming SMTP
: > filtering of spam/viruses, or just to hold the mail while you are offline,
: > but haven't seen outgoing SMTP services - which is why I asked :-)
:
: As I posted earlier in this thread, DynDNS.org's outgoing SMTP service
: (available on port 25 and several others as well):
:
: http://www.dyndns.org/services/mailhop/outbound/
:
: Some others I know of off-hand:
:
: http://www.no-ip.com/services.php/mail/smtp
: http://www.smtp.com/

http://www.pobox.com/ - All accounts come with free (but must be enabled in
the web admin interface) SASL-authenticated outbound SMTP.  "See this mail's
headers."

I don't mean to rain on Tim's parade, but it's comparably priced ($15/yr).
So pick which service provides the pair of things you need:  SMTP and
dynamic DNS (dyndns.org), or SMTP and aliasing (pobox.com).

--
-- Todd Vierling <[email protected]> <[email protected]>