Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Sun Mar 14 20:40:52 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

> > What do you think spews wants?  My experience with them has been that
> > that's pretty much the only thing that will satisfy them.  I have had
>
> That's funny since we've cleaned up several over the years, yet they are
> still listed... and in some cases the listings have expanded. :( Spews
> does not provide a decent path to get listings remoevd, and they don't
> seem to remove listings if you do show the change.

You might want to post to NANAE (or better to new "clean" newsgroup
news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting) and actually say that that such and such
customer has been disconnected and or such and such ip block is no longer
in use them). Most blacklist administors dont really check on each and every
listing every month (although they probably should to keep good lists, but
spamhaus maybe the only ones who do it and even with them I'm not sure).

In fact one of the reasons I think that some blacklist operators have bad
impression on UUNET is that you don't inform what you do and they think
you do nothing, while in fact I'm sure its not the case.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks