RE: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: Brian Bruns
  • Date: Sun Mar 14 17:55:17 2004

On Sun, March 14, 2004 5:45 pm, Vivien M. said:

> Have you been looking at providers in the right industry? Such services
> are
> usually offered as addons by people who sell DNS services (especially
> dynamic DNS) and other such things designed to make it easier for people
> run their own servers. They do exist, and as was pointed out earlier in
> this
> discussion, cost much less than the 1U colo alternative. We do it, and I
> know at least one or two others in our industry do...

I have actually.  I see an awful lot of services for incoming SMTP
filtering of spam/viruses, or just to hold the mail while you are offline,
but haven't seen outgoing SMTP services - which is why I asked :-)

--
Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources

The AHBL - http://www.ahbl.org