Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: Janet Sullivan
  • Date: Sun Mar 14 17:00:21 2004

Paul Vixie wrote:
every time i tell somebody that they shouldn't bother trying to send e-mail
from their dsl or cablemodem ip address due to the unlikelihood of a well
staffed and well trained and empowered abuse desk defending the reputation
of that address space, i also say "buy a 1U and put it someplace with a real
abuse desk, and use your dsl or cablemodem to tunnel to that place."
My cable modem provider filters port 25, so I can't run my own SMTP server. Their mail servers suck. Yes, I could pay for a business class cable modem connection and they'd unblock the port... but I'd likely still be filtered.

Guess who is having a dedicated 1U set up right now? ;-)

I think Paul is right, there is a small niche market for this.