Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: Andrew Dorsett
  • Date: Sat Mar 13 21:15:40 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Rob Nelson wrote:

> On the other hand, if the person doesn't have a UPS at home, what good is
> when their SMTP server in a colo is still chugging? :)

Just because my power is out at home doesn't mean I don't have net access.
With the colo server collecting mail you can SSH into it and still review
messages.  Don't forget those who have access at work, a laptop with
wireless, and cell phones/modems.

Plus when the power comes back you can force the queue to dump to your
home machine and you don't need to wait for all of the other servers to
retry their queues in xx minutes.

Andrew (another VT person)
---
<[email protected]>
http://www.andrewsworld.net/
ICQ: 2895251
Cisco Certified Network Associate

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."