Re: Load Balancing Multiple DS3s (outgoing) on a 7500

  • From: Patrick W.Gilmore
  • Date: Fri Mar 12 23:35:37 2004

On Mar 12, 2004, at 11:24 PM, joe mcguckin wrote:

I suspect that each FE goes to a different AS...
Yeppers.

We've been corresponding privately, and you got it right (unlike me).

He'll be okie. It's just a little difficult for BGP to "load balance" outbound bits when the bulk of the Internet these days is 2 AS hops away from each of four upstreams. Not impossible, but it doesn't happen by default either.

--
TTFN,
patrick