Re: Enterprise Multihoming

  • From: John Neiberger
  • Date: Fri Mar 12 12:35:27 2004

>Shameless plug:  I do go through these options in my book, Building
>Service Provider Networks (Wiley).  Even there, though, I only run
>through the alternatives. You will still have to make your own
>cost-benefit decisions based on business policy, budget, clue level
>and cost of alternatives.

A copy of which I have sitting here at my desk. Ah, yes. Beginning at
p. 344, "Multlinking and Multihoming: The Customer Side". I suppose I
should re-read that section. :-)

Regarding our internal network, I wish I could skip ahead to p. 517,
"VPNs and Related Services". Unfortunately, the VPN products that are
available right now are double the cost of our frame relay network.

Oh well, perhaps someday my price will come.

Thanks,
John