Re: Enterprise Multihoming

  • From: Rob Nelson
  • Date: Thu Mar 11 22:50:54 2004

There are similar boxes from FatPipe and Radware (and others) that
promise the same thing. I've done some light research on them and while
I can see some positives, I don't prefer them to our current solution.

Then again, I don't have any practical experience with them and I hope
someone who has will chime in.

On the fatpipe side, I can chime in. I've worked with their Superstream products. As with all products there are good points, but I have a LOT of bad points for the Superstream. It starts with being based on Caldera openlinux and a required Java interface for all management. I wouldn't use this product again if I could help it.

They may have other products that work better, particularly in the case of true multihoming (the superstream is really so a business can pay for two DSL connections and get double the bandwidth) and such. If anyone wants more details, let me know.