Re: Enterprise Multihoming

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Thu Mar 11 13:37:22 2004

E.B. Dreger wrote:

PH> Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:21:03 +0200
PH> From: Petri Helenius

PH> Depending on your requirements, the option of having somebody
PH> redistribute all their BGP routes into ISIS or OSPF might not
PH> worth looking forward to.

Couldn't quite parse this, but it sounds scary.

I�m refering to the most popular way of causing an IGP meltdown. Obviously there are other ways, like software defects to make your IGP go mad. But when your upstream�s IGP does that, you want to have provider B to switch over to. It probably has gotten better when the Internet has matured but a few years back when I was more involved in day-to-day operations it was a few times a year when excersizing this option was the best course of action.

Pete