Re: Counter DoS

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Thu Mar 11 04:54:33 2004

At 09:43 AM 11-03-04 +0000, Brandon Butterworth wrote:

> The Symbiot whitepaper on their service describes a process with a
> little more imagination

Like hooking it up to DARPA Grand Challenge winners?

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/SciTech/WorldNewsTonight/robot_race_darpa_040310-1.html
They recently revised the rules downward:
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,62608,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_3

> I applaud the idea of a outsourced department that will manage the
> denial of service, and "hordes of script kiddie"

trouble with sending a droid round to kick ass is you've
just made Skynet V0.1
But:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.03/robot.html
...which has the classic Battlebots line of "Can you drive over a competitor's vehicle? "I wouldn't describe running over another vehicle as incidental contact," says Negron. "What if it is a carefully navigated maneuver?" the guy asks. Negron shakes his head. "No.""

:-)

-Hank

brandon