Re: Need a cox.net mail server contact

  • From: Brian Bruns
  • Date: Thu Mar 11 01:27:52 2004

On Thursday, March 11, 2004 1:19 AM [EST], Gregory Taylor <[email protected]>
wrote:

> The IP that 2mbit.com inhabits is on a Road Runner commercial block,
> which is allocated for small to mid-sized businesses.  There is no
> reason for commercial cable networks to be blocked under the same
> pretenses that consumer cable networks are blocked.
>
> Just my 2 cents

Its the domain specificly.  Not the IP.  I can send to cox.net using one of my
other dozen domain names from our IPs directly without a block.  But, no
matter where I try 2mbit.com from, its blocked.

I suspect it has something to do with the 'fix' I was told by cox.net that was
in place to prevent them from DoSing our mail servers with bounces.  Rather
then actually fixing their mail servers, just block my domain so that the joe
job doesn't cause bounces in the first place.

How nice of them eh?  Guess my cox.net mail server blacklist entry in the AHBL
during the attack didn't get the message through.

--
Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources

The Abusive Hosts Blocking List
http://www.ahbl.org