Re: [Fwd: [[email protected]] Confirmation of your message requested]

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Mon Mar 08 21:00:50 2004

Stephen J. Wilcox  [3/9/2004 2:35 AM] :

It turns out tha message I forwarded had a "null.eml" attachment
that I did not notice and remove.

I am now being mailbombed by AV software all over the place!
The attachment is rfc822, it has a null name. Looks ok to me.. broken AV?
At least one open source virus scanner has a cookbook config that treats .eml as an "executable attachment" and discards email that has a .eml attachment.

Makes for fun when forwarding an OE generated email using Thunderbird, I've found.

srs

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations