Re: Email security Best Practices; was RE: Email Security Poll

  • From: joe
  • Date: Sun Mar 07 16:10:13 2004

<Is it reasonable to completely ban attachments?>

I'm inclined to think not. Its like opening a flood gate and trying to close
it. Simply put, even dropping passworded Zip files for me has churned
a large degree of debate/resistance from my management and users.
My arguing that SMTP is not FTP, hasn't won me any leverage based
in part from the countering "We used to be able to do this".
Of course theres always the argument "Censorship" too, which leads
me to believe, their lemmings and I'm just going to have to find another
way to fix a problem that has no signs of going away.

But, just my 2�s
Cheers
-Joe