Re: Bagle and other recent viruses (Was: warning - new trend ofattempts to infect ISP users, possibly virus)

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Fri Mar 05 00:35:41 2004

Also the followin is talking about same too:
http://www.cmpnetasia.com/ViewArt.cfm?Artid=23047&Catid=3&subcat=50
"Dueling Hackers Sparked Bagle, Netsky Worm Blitz
 Gregg Keizer, TechWeb News , 3-Mar-2004

 Security analysts are asking themselves whether the wave of malicious
 worms that began traversing the Internet Friday and continued their blitz
 Tuesday was a coordinated attack or mischievous coincidence.

 No question it has been a deluge of worms. Seven variations of Bagle and
 two of Netsky surfaced in the last five days. Was the flood just
 happenstance? Or was there something more devious behind the surge?

 The answer, said security experts, is a bit of both, with some fighting
 over hacker turf thrown in for good measure
 ..."

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks