Re: SPAM Prevention/Blacklists

  • From: Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
  • Date: Thu Mar 04 14:12:11 2004

Also, I like sender verification, but that's me.
i used it for some time, and reluctantly shut it down. blocked a lot
of email
abuse, but too many false positives for my taste.
Could you go into more detail?

Maybe I have others I just don't know about?  How many people send
legit e-mail with return addresses which are bogus?
On a related note, for those of you interested, the IADB (ISIPP Accreditation Database) is now up and running, although not publicly announced yet. You can read information about it at:

http://www.isipp.com/iadb.php

What is unique about the IADB is that it is designed to list not only IP addresses, but also associated domains *if* the listee is publishing an SPF record, and conversely IADB listees will be able to get a unique "accreditation code" to put into their SPF records.

Anne

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
President/CEO
Institute for Spam and Internet Public Policy
Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of SJ