Re: SPAM Prevention/Blacklists

  • From: Scott Call
  • Date: Wed Mar 03 18:13:57 2004

I don't know what the prevailing attitude is, but it seems to me
that 451ing unknown senders  is a good way to get on the bad side of
sysadmins who have to deal with the backlog until your server decides to
accept them.

I would think if you're willing to spend other's resources on reducing
your spam load you would be willing to spend your own and implement SMTP
callback, SPF  or the like.

I tried implementing SPF which actually caught a fair # of forged senders
until I noticed that ticketmaster had invalid SPF records and we were
rejecting their emails.

-S

--
Scott Call	Router Geek, ATGi, home of $6.95 Prime Rib
I make the world a better place, I boycott Wal-Mart