Re: UUNet Offer New Protection Against DDoS

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Wed Mar 03 17:24:43 2004

> > I'm puzzled by one aspect on the implementation.. how to build your customer
> > prefix filters.. that is, we have prefix-lists for prefix and length.
> > Therefore at present we can only accept a tagged route for a whole block..
> > not good if the announcement is a /16 etc !
>
> MCI handles this by only filtering on prefix, not length.  Well,
> allowing you to only announce up to your length, not shorter, but
> longer is allowed.

Hmm not keen, have moved acl->prefix w/len to stop folks from doing this, in
addition we have an extra filter which overrides anything that would deny
anything longer than a /24. I'm not keen to change that.. LART appears to have
little or no effect with my customers, preemption appears to be the only way!

Steve