Re: dealing with w32/bagle

  • From: Brent_OKeeffe
  • Date: Wed Mar 03 16:15:37 2004

We created bogus DNS entries for the following entries, known to be targeted by the worm:
www.sportscheck.de
www.songtext.net
www.songtext.de
www.maiklibis.de
www.gfotxt.net
postertog.de
permail.uni-muenster.de

The entries directed traffic to an interface on a router that can handle the traffic.  Currently, we have a logging ACL that drops port 80 to the bogus IP.  We might connect a sniffer with that IP address at some point with triggers loaded to notify when systems attempt to access the address.  So far this has helped.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Brent

Dan Hollis <[email protected]>
Sent by: [email protected]