Re: UUNet Offer New Protection Against DDoS

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Wed Mar 03 16:01:17 2004

Hi, NANOGers.

] When I first saw this post I thought that MCI/UU.Net implemented some DDOS
] BGP community strings like CW implemented a month ago.  If only all of my
] upstreams would have this type of BGP Community string my life would be made
] easier.  Here is the customer release letter from from CW dated Januray 23,
] 2004:

UUNET/MCI has had that capability since circa 2002, I believe.  Several
ISPs borrowed heavily from the following page to create similar services.

   <http://www.secsup.org/CustomerBlackHole/>

Kudos to Chris and Brian.  :)

Thanks,
Rob.