Re: Warning - new trend of attempts to infect ISP users (possibly virus)

  • From: Gregh
  • Date: Wed Mar 03 15:32:10 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "william(at)elan.net" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 3:07 PM
Subject: Warning - new trend of attempts to infect ISP users (possibly
virus)

> I have just seen emails (several different kinds) pretending to be sent
> from 3 of my isp domains to users of those domains warning users that
> their email account would be disabled and asking to open a .pif
attachment.
> I know largest ISPs probably have expierenced this but I believe what I

Sorry to tell you but this has been around for some time. I was the target -
not a victim - of three of these letters since last year. Naturally I didn't
believe it and warned my ISP what was happening. They have, since, updated
their web page to reflect this but unfortunately haven't done the right
thing and email the users.

Greg.