Warning - new trend of attempts to infect ISP users (possibly virus)

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Tue Mar 02 22:05:41 2004

I have just seen emails (several different kinds) pretending to be sent
from 3 of my isp domains to users of those domains warning users that
their email account would be disabled and asking to open a .pif attachment.
I know largest ISPs probably have expierenced this but I believe what I
have seen today means they are after ISPs (or possibly just after any
domains with number of email addresses under them) of all sizes right at
the moment. All emails we received from the same source ip - 129.59.206.187
Please check your email base for what looks like the following
(in the examples I changed everything to elan.net, actually every isp
domain received different example of this, only first one is exact).

Example 1:
---