Re: Best Common Practice - Listening to local routes from peers?

  • From: james
  • Date: Fri Feb 27 13:53:30 2004

: Also, and perhaps more importantly, if the customer's line to his
: network drops, should the customer be incapable of getting to content
: hosted on his network?

Simple. I am not going to break something all the time to counter something that might break every once and a while.
When Nagios pages me that a multihomed customer is down, I will allow that address space to enter all my gateways, as a source
address.

James Edwards
Routing and Security Administrator
[email protected]
At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
505-988-9200 SIP:1(747)669-1965