Re: How relable does the Internet need to be? (Was: Re: Converged Network Threat)

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Feb 27 12:01:58 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:37:42 GMT, [email protected]  said:

> P.S. I think a solution lies in the general direction
> of converting the entire world to use 112 for emergency
> services and having the VoIP services set up an automated
> system that rings back whenever your phone connects using
> a different IP address and asks you where you are.

Ouch.  Those of us who don't tolerate flying well don't need that...

Few years ago, I got booked Roanoke-Dulles-SFO-Monterey on the way out, and
Monterey-LAX-OHare-Roanoke on the way back.  What I *needed* was for my phone
to ring while I was wandering OHare rather dazed and looking for something I
had spotted in Dulles, and *tell* me "Yo dude, pack it in, you're not in Dulles
this time"...