Re: How relable does the Internet need to be? (Was: Re: ConvergedNetwork Threat)

  • From: Paul Jakma
  • Date: Fri Feb 27 09:57:25 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Alex Bligh wrote:

> Because you always want to get to an E911 service in the same AS
> number...

You do or you dont? I dont see why anycast addresses need or need not
be restricted to same AS.

> (seriously, read the sip & sipping w/gs)

Havnt got the time. :) Unless you have a URL or somesuch as to put me
straight as to why anycast addresses would not be suitable.

However, I'll wager that at some point a URI is translated to an IP
address, be it by client or gateway. And at that point, the mapping
can be to an anycast address.

> Alex

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	[email protected]	[email protected]	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
	warning: do not ever send email to [email protected]