Re: How relable does the Internet need to be? (Was: Re: Converged NetworkThreat)

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Thu Feb 26 09:57:41 2004

> So now we have a partial X and partial
>Y network, X goes down, and chances are your network got hammered
>like an icecube in a blender set to Frappe.

If IP networks become the single layer 2/3 telecommunications
technology in the world then we can never let that Frappe happen.
We will have to find ways to deliberately build networks using
vendor X and vendor Y in such a way that the sum total is more
reliable than a pure X or a pure Y network.

--Michael Dillon