Re: How relable does the Internet need to be? (Was: Re: Converged Network Threat)

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Wed Feb 25 20:02:07 2004
On 26 Feb 2004, at 08:46, W.D.McKinney wrote:

I think the Internet is doing pretty well save some IOS code problems from time to time, and the typical root server hicups.
I'm interested to know what you mean by "typical root server hicups". I'm trying to think of an incident which left the Internet generally unable to receive answers to queries on the root zone, but I can't think of one.

By "typical", do you mean "non-existent"?

Joe