Re: T1 Customer CPE Replacement?

  • From: Brian Bruns
  • Date: Mon Feb 23 17:26:04 2004

On Monday, February 23, 2004 3:37 PM [EST], Claydon, Tom
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We're looking for a good replacement for fractional T1 customers with Cisco
> 1600-  & 1700-series routers as their CPE. They are good routers, but the
> ongoing support costs are an issue, and we need to replace them ASAP.
>
> Someone had mentioned several CPE vendors, such as Adtran and Netopia. Are
> there any others, and does anyone have any pros/cons of what they're
> familiar with?

I'm quite familiar with the Netopia R53xx series T1 routers.  Excellent little
routers for deplyoing to customers.  Very reliable, and if you are familiar
with the DSL routers, you'll be right at home.  They have built in
PPTP/ATMP/IPSec VPN support (both client and server), basic routing features,
filtering, NAT, one-to-one IP mapping, remote syslog logging, as well as
everything you'd expect in a T1 router (fractional T1 support, HDLC, PPP,
FrameRelay, etc).  Theres also a 56k dialup backup module which is handy.

--
Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources

The Abusive Hosts Blocking List
http://www.ahbl.org