RE: eBGP, iBGP, injecting networks

  • From: Fowlie, Colin
  • Date: Mon Feb 23 11:55:20 2004

I think the main concern you have here is the advertisement of the networks from two different ASN's to two different upstream providers.  You'll have to set it up with your upstream ISP's to allow you to advertise all of the networks, but typically it's not a problem.  You won't have an issue with routing loops as BGP speaker will drop a prefix that has its own ASN in the path-list.  If you prepend properly to the AS path things will behave the way you want them to.  This will provide your
inbound redundancy.

HTH

Colin Fowlie