Verizon clients DOS own site?

  • From: Elkind_Rob
  • Date: Thu Feb 19 15:59:29 2004

Anyone else seeing this, it started up a few weeks ago.

We have a number of home users that VPN to our corporate network who are
using Verizon DSL as their Internet provider.  While they are connected to
the corporate network they are generating tons of hits to
'supportcenter.verizon.net' (206.46.187.54)

Here's a basic trace:

host.on.my.net -> 206.46.187.54 TCP 49980 > HTTP [ACK]
host.on.my.net -> 206.46.187.54 HTTP GET /sbconfigservlet/sbconfigservlet
HTTP/1.1

206.46.187.54 -> host.on.my.net HTTP HTTP/1.1 404 Not found

Here's the text of the transaction:

host.on.my.net

GET /sbconfigservlet/sbconfigservlet HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Host: supportcenter.verizon.net
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache