Re: Clueless service restrictions (was RE: Anti-spam System Idea)

  • From: Dr. Jeffrey Race
  • Date: Wed Feb 18 23:44:54 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:06:05 -0500, [email protected] wrote:
>Any real solution is going to have to deal with the fact that properly
>administered systems are in the distinct minority.

You shut the mal-administered systems of from the internet until they
are no lnger a threat to the internet, just as you quarantine ill
persons who are dangers to the community.  Solving the spam and security
problems requires nothing more, and nothing less.

The identities of chronically mal-administered systems are well
know.

There are some practical implementation problems at the margin but
for (I am guessing) 95% of the cases, it is trivially easy.

Jeffrey Race