Re: Clueless service restrictions (was RE: Anti-spam System Idea)

  • From: Nathan J. Mehl
  • Date: Tue Feb 17 18:16:22 2004

In the immortal words of Robert E. Seastrom ([email protected]):

> Randy Bush <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > and, if you want to see a particularly broken example, buy "internet
> > service" from t-mobile gprs in the states, port 22 blocked, no smtp
> > relay, ...  "walled garden" mentality from the get go.
>
> The ssh client for the Danger Sidekick is extremely popular, and I
> don't think it would be if the scenario you mention above were true.

I suspect that Randy is referring to their "T-Zones Internet" plan,
which is a bit different from their normal/real GPRS service.

-n

Being a Unix system administrator is like being a tech in a biological warfare
laboratory, except that none of the substances are labeled consistently, any
of the compounds are just as likely to kill you by themselves as they are when
mixed with one another, and it is never clear what distinction is made between
a catastrophic failure in the lab and a successful test in the field.
                                                                (--M. Tiemann)