Re: Clueless service restrictions (was RE: Anti-spam System Idea)

  • From: Robert E. Seastrom
  • Date: Tue Feb 17 17:51:50 2004

Randy Bush <[email protected]> writes:

> and, if you want to see a particularly broken example, buy "internet
> service" from t-mobile gprs in the states, port 22 blocked, no smtp
> relay, ...  "walled garden" mentality from the get go.

Strangely enough, the only complaints I've heard about t-mob GPRS
(aside from whininess about the 800ms latency typical of GPRS)
involved a protracted effort, eventually successful, to get them to
understand that having *something*, *anything* in the in-addr.arpa for
their address pool was a Good Plan...  and that was a year or two ago.

The ssh client for the Danger Sidekick is extremely popular, and I
don't think it would be if the scenario you mention above were true.

                                        ---Rob