RE: Anti-spam System Idea

  • From: Timothy R. McKee
  • Date: Mon Feb 16 16:21:19 2004

Personally I don't see where ingress filters that only allow registered
SMTP servers to initiate TCP connections on port 25 is irresponsible.

Any user sophisticated enough to legitimately require a running SMTP server
should also have the sophistication to create a dns entry and register it
with
his upstream in whatever manner is required.

There will never be a painless or easy solution to this problem, only a
choice where we select the lesser of all evils.

Tim