Re: Anti-spam System Idea

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Mon Feb 16 06:30:09 2004

>To me, the approach you advocate is something like saying "do away with
any centralized
>law enforcement, force everyone to carry guns, and if anyone suspects
that someone
>else is committing a crime, they are obliged to shoot them." I believe
that blocking
>spam at its source is far easier than blocking it at every possible
destination. The
>less parties involved in blocking the spam, the higher the probability
that the spam
>will be successfully blocked.

To do this you need to form a police force and a judiciary.
Neither are possible in the absence of an organized society.

The first step is for some of the larger senders/receivers
of email to sit down around a table and form an email services
consortium that can set "best current practice" standards and
police those standards. This is something that network operators
can do.

--Michael Dillon