BGP - weight

  • From: Sven Huster
  • Date: Sat Feb 14 07:25:10 2004

Hello

Dumb question:
If I apply a equal weight to all our transit/peers, will
that affect route announcements to iBGP or eBGP peers anyhow?

We got a very simple setup:
- 2 routers on the border to transit/peers (that's were i want
  to set the weight)
- 1 edge router to customers
- core router running BGP as well

What I want to achieve is that traffic leaves through
the border router it arrived, rather than have it bounced around.

We had some recent issues were it looks like the core got
"out of sync" with the border (looks more like a sw issue than
just convergence delay) and packets bounced back and
forth between them.
I know this doesn't solve the cause but the before digging
for the initial reason I want a quick workaround.

Cheers
Sven