Re: SMTP relaying policies for Commercial ISP customers...?

  • From: Joseph Noonan
  • Date: Fri Feb 13 18:45:58 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 at 5:14pm [email protected] wrote:

> What about http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0402/gauthier.html
>
> After seeing that presentation, I wondered if an ISP could get
> away with something similar.  Eric has the advantage of being
> the monopoly service provider for the dorms.

I know of at least one ISP that does similar, Onramp.net in Austin
TX.  I'm a corporate IT Mgr and one of my remote users is an
Onramp customer that had ancient NAV on his personal PeeCee and
caught whatever worm was in vogue a few months back.

He is not a particularly computer savvy person, but he is not a
luser either.  He was quite pleasantly surprised at the service,
once he realized what was going on.

--

Joseph F. Noonan
Rigaku/MSC Inc.