Re: SMTP authentication for broadband providers -- A MODEST PROPOSAL

  • From: Dr. Jeffrey Race
  • Date: Fri Feb 13 02:10:49 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:58:18 -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
> To attack spam, we need to attack it at its core, not at some secondary or
> tertiary side-effect, with a mechanism that also hurt legitimate users.
> So, what, exactly, _is_ that core?
> Unless and until there is broad community consensus that answers that
> question in concrete and practical terms, then all our efforts are
> losing and stop-gap.

A concrete and practical solution, which has been proven to work in hours,
engineered from well-known principles of human behavior:

 <http://www.camblab.com/misc/univ_std.txt>

      derived from

 <http://www.camblab.com/nugget/spam_03.pdf>.

Suggestions welcome.  When I get some time (maybe in April) I may
get to put this into the RFC-draft hopper.  Needs a day of
reformatting I've not gotten to yet.   Anyone who has done this
and could volunteer to help, contact me offlist.

Kind regards to all,

Jeffrey Race, today in Bangkok Thailand
USA tieline (rings at Bangkok residence)
             TIME ZONE GMT +7

Tel +66 2 291-2235    Fax +66 2 688-4540
Tel +66 6 709-7645  (mobile -- 24 hours)
Tel +66 6 563-5682 (mobile -- odd times)

      ADVENTURES IN THAI JUSTICE
 Cautionary real-life case studies for
    potential investors or visitors

   <http://pws.prserv.net/studies/>