Re: IPv6 reverse lookup - lame delegation?

  • From: Mark Andrews
  • Date: Wed Feb 11 06:51:42 2004

In article <[email protected]> you write:

>On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 00:36:19 +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
>
>> or just put <http://www.isc.org/pubs/tn/?tn=isc-tn-2002-1.txt> into effect.
>
>I am confused. Are DNAMEs deprecated or not (RFC3363, section 4)?
>
>	rvdp

	RFC 3363 does NOT say that DNAME is deprecated.  All it says
	is that since A6 was moving the exprimental using DNAME to
	support renumbering is deprecated.

	isc-tn-2002-1.txt describes renaming.  DNAME is still very
	much standards track.

	If you actually think about renumbering you still need what
	DNAME gave you, the ability to renumber high (close to the root)
	in the delegation tree without having to redelegate every subzone.

	Mark