Re: Where can I find a list of IPs and their regions.

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Tue Feb 10 18:45:14 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Matthew Crocker wrote:

: I've look at IANA but it doesn't give enough detailed information.  I
: would like to find a list of /8 or /16s and what geographic region the
: exist in.  I know it isn't an exact science but something close would
: be nice.  I know 210/8 & 211/8 are APNIC, I likes to know stuff like
: 210.100/16 is Korea and 210.120/16 is China, etc.   Does anyone have a
: list I can pull from?

Maybe I'm going to have a case of stick-foot-in-mouth disease so:
<setenv flameproof_panties=ON>  :-)

This only works for a certain percentage of networks.  Most likely a
higher percentage post tech bubble collapse.  I used to work for a company
that had 167.216.128.0/17 and we announced that globally.  So you couldn't
say 167.216.128.0/17 was in the US (or even NA) as it'd appear from ARIN
or other data sources.

scott