Re: A few words on VeriSign's sitefinder

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, David Monosov wrote:
>
> > where there is power, there are struggles to take control over that power,
> > and exploit it. This is apparently one of the beauties of democratic
> > capitalism (under which I will be so bold to presume many of us live).
>
> The United States is a republic, not a democracy.  There's a huge
> difference.

Are you well enough versed in the political science to define and
understand the differences? If you're you'll know that there is no and
never been any true democracy anywhere and republic is just one type of
this political system.

And in my view US can be be described as corporate republic. Meaning large
companies and special interest choose and make the elite (rather then
individual families as in classic republic or democracy) and use goverment
to futher achieve their goals and legal and financial system to maintain
control over demos and use press and other means (financial and otherwise)
to that purpose.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks