Re: Root Servers Request

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Feb 10 14:21:23 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:03:52 EST, "Stephen J. Wilcox" said:
> Also, if you spend some time thinking about this you will soon realise that its
> a bad idea for one organisation to control the roots. In fact it works nicely if
> you find 13 different organisations.

I'll overlook the additional fact that the actual root nameservers are
being run in a way that anybody who believes in RFC2826 is, in general,
fairly happy with (modulo the occasional RFC2870 issue).

Most of the complaints seem centered around the management of the
servers [a-m].gtld-servers.net, which is a totally different beast.