Re: question on ptr rr

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Mon Feb 09 12:25:53 2004

At 08:40 AM 2/9/2004, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

[email protected] writes:

> We need to add email sending capability to both POP
> and IMAP so that eventually we can all block port 25
> entirely from broadband/dialup edges.

What's wrong with port 587 (rfc 2476 sec. 3.1) and requiring SMTP AUTH
(rfc 2554), as people have widely deployed today?  The problem is
education; the technology is already widely available and deployed.
It'd be really nice is mail client programs had an easy way for users to configure these settings. We have to walk our clients through the advanced settings in Outlook Express, Eudora, and other programs often.