Re: question on ptr rr

  • From: Arnold Nipper
  • Date: Mon Feb 09 12:17:37 2004

On 09.02.2004 17:59 [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:38:20 GMT, [email protected]  said:

Imagine a world in which only ISPs run SMTP servers
which only talk directly to other servers with which
they have an offline relationship.
70K user. 40M .coms.  N*M.  Gee thanks.  That's too damned many relationships
to negotiate.  And I think we learned our lesson with 'ADMD= PRMD=', didn't
we?

Moreover: which ISP would take responsibility that the email is delivered properly to the destination. Today all ISP just do best-effort.

This model won't work ...

Arnold