Re: Stopping open proxies and open relays

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Mon Feb 09 08:53:48 2004

Gregh wrote:

> Optus in Australia have taken the line of blocking port 25 to anything at
> all excepting contact with their own servers. Seems to work. Some pissed off
> customers with their own smtp progs etc but my guess is that this would fit
> your bill.

Earthlink and many others have been doing this in the US for a long time.

But, they don't require any "authorization" in sending, despite that
being available built-in to NetScape/Mozilla for many years, and they
don't seem to actually scan their outgoing email for virii and cut off
the user.

I'm not sure this is the answer.
--
William Allen Simpson