RE: Cisco Router best for full BGP on a sub 5K bidget 7500 7200 orother vendor ?

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Mon Feb 09 08:33:07 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Alexander Hagen wrote:

> Now why is the CX-FEIP-2TX so much cheaper than the PA-2FE-TX ?????

I can't say why cisco charges so much for the PA-2FE, but the CX-FEIP-2TX
is cheap because it's ancient (EOL'd some time ago) and probably not
capable of running both ports at line-rate anyway.  Don't buy them unless
you're hooking up very low traffic LANs.  Your best bet is PA-FE's and
enough VIP2-50's for the number of PA-FE's you need.

Also, watch out for PA-2FEISL-TX's.  They're also not capable of handling
both interfaces at line-rate.  That's why they're available for just a few
hundred $.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/ifaa/ifpz/prodlit/969_pp.htm

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |